Saturday, July 9, 2011

A LOT GOING ON !!!!!!

Hi everyone!


What event do I start with? I guess chronological!


Ronnie's daddy, Wallace, turned 80 this year so we decided we would throw him a party. Nothing extravagant but all the kids, grandkids and great-grandkids were invited. Oweeda graciously offered her house for the party. It lasted from 3 pm - 5 pm and almost all came! Great turnout. Of course, Starla and family couldn't come since they are living in Pennsylvania now! It was good to get all together again- it's been too long. I think he enjoyed the day.
That evening-April 17- something way more exciting happened! Our 9 year old grandaughter, Grace, decided she needed to be baptized. She wanted it done that night and in our pool and she wanted her paw-paw to do it!!!! Wow! So , even though the water is a little chilly in April - Ronnie and Grace got in our pool at about 7:00 P.M. and she made the most important decision in her life. How many chill bumps could I possibly have? It was almost unreal for this to happen at my house to my grandaughter by my husband. Could life get any more special???
Time went on with days as usual - then something else very special happened. On June 7th - Starla, Aaron, Riley, Dakota, and Toby came to visit from Penn. They flew in and rented a vehicle so they could do some visiting with others and go out to Andrews to see Aaron's family. Aaron stayed 9 days then flew back so he could go to work. Starla and the boys stayed until July 5th. When they first arrived - Toby (who is 19 months old) wasn't sure who Ronnie and I were! But it didn't take long for him to warm up to us and it seemed like he had never been away. The 2 older boys slept in the trundle bed in the playroom and Toby and Starla slept in the office. We set up his pack n play and put a twin blow up mattress in there for Starla. Not ideal , but seemed to work okay. We said that Toby learned how to go to sleep best at night with Paw-Paw playing solitare on the computer right next to his bed! He would stand up and pat Paw-Paw on the shouldar every once in a while then he would finally lay down and go to sleep. How sweet!!!! The visit was great and the weather was hot so the boys usually swam in the morning - ate lunch-had rest time- then out to the pool again around 4:00. All went back to Pennsylvania and lot tanner than when they came! It was very busy while they were here but sure is quiet since they have gone! Miss them a lot!!!
While they were here I was able to attend my 40th high school reunion! Wow, can't believe it's been that long. Some of the people I recognized right off - some of them I looked at their nametag and still didn't put the face with the name! Most people told me that they recognized me and I hadn't changed that much! Anyhow, had a great, great time visiting and catching up but realized after I left that I didn't know much about any of them . Not enough time to really visit with everyone and ask the questions I wanted to ask. It did bring back great memories of the special people of my school years! Going to school in the same town all my life does create bonds that last forever! If you are one of my school buddies reading this - I really did love seeing you again and hope somehow we can keep in touch.!
One more bit of good news. Had my 3 month Ct scan done and the oncologist visit. So exciting - no sign of cancer!!!!! Yay!!! Next month it will have been 3 years since my surgery and the start of my chemo and radiation. I'll never forget that but I will also never forget feeling blessed by God. I don't go for another scan for 6 months. That's the longest I've gone since the diagnosis - so pray that I don't start fretting about month number 5!!!

I did go for a routine mamogram in April and 2 suspicious lumps were found that I had removed. Both were not malignant although one was the kind that needed to be removed because it could have turned into a malignancy! I believe in getting the routine scans that we need to have!!!
Well, summer is hot and we are leaving in a week to go camping at the lake for 2 weeks. Pray for a little coolness to come upon us and even a little rain would be fine!!!!
Thanks for keeping up with me and especially all the prayers! Love you all!!!









1 comment:

Yaya said...

Hey - Love your post and you have a beautiful family - Have a great camping trip and maybe we can get together after you get back - I survived my surgery and am back at work....love ya, Shirley