Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Wonderful news!

Yes, I got wonderful news yesterday. I had a pet scan done last Thursday and I went to see Dr. Sorgen(the radiation oncologist) yesterday and he told me the scan did not show any new cancers anywhere. Yeah! I am going to start my radiation treatments tomorrow ( Wednesday) . They will last for 6 weeks - 5 days a week. As of right now, I will be going at 4:30 every day. It just so happens that my cousin Calva is going to be starting her radiation tomorrow also! She has recovered from her brain surgery very well. She thanks everyone for all the prayers ( as do I)
My other cousin, Janice, will be having kidney surgery on Feb. 12th in Arlington. They are going to do laproscopic surgery and biopsy a small spot she has on her kidney then freeze the remaining spot. Pray that this is not malignant but only a cyst of some sort.
I am working on the planning of my booth for the Relay for Life here in Azle on April 24th and 25th. I am excited for all the participation so far and know it is going to be a fun night. I am trying to get in touch with the guy to make us t-shirts so everyone on the team will have matching shirts for the evening. We are also trying to come up with the best ideas for fundraisers. We had to choose a movie theme for our booth, so I chose Mamma Mia. Got to come up with decorating ideas now. My mind is whirring!
In case you didn't know - Starla lost a baby a couple of weeks ago. She was about 2 months along and the fetus just quit growing. The same thing happened last year at this time so the dr. is working on figuring out what is happening. She is doing fine. Also, the day after she found out that she lost the baby - Aaron got laid off from his job! Double whammy! He was fortunate though because he found another truck driving job a couple of days later. Keep them in your prayers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Joyce How wonderful that your Pet scan was all clear. Yea!!
I know that the radiation will be much eaisier than the Chemo. was.
I had my first Heart Attack and I am recovering nicely. That was a shock to me but God says you only have today make the most of it. So true. You have really let your light shine through all of this and shown everyone what God can do for us. He can use all circumstanaces to his glory.
Love JAne