Saturday, April 11, 2009

Looking forward to Relay!

I'm getting more and more excited as the time draws near for the Relay for Life! It is 2 weeks away and the final preparations are being made. I am so glad that I delegated other people to do some of the work. Knowing how I am - I would forget something really important until the day before - then I would do a lot of fretting about it! I'm a superior fretter! (I know that is not something to be proud of!)
For all of you who have donated to the American Cancer Society on my behalf, I thank you so much! I know that the excellent care I received and the drugs that were administered to me were connected to research that the A.C.S. has funded throughout the past few years. Also, the A.C.S. provides care and services to every cancer patient. I personally found out that they have a room full of wigs and scarves that are free to cancer patients who are in need of these. There are so many, many other things that they provide that thankfully I did not need! (If you want to donate and don't know how to do it - go to www.relayforlife.org/azletx and click on Joyce's Journey or Joyce's Journey 2 and it should guide you through it. Anyway, thank you so much!
I hope to see many of you at the Relay on Apr. 24th at the Forte Jr. High football field starting at 6:00 P.M. We are going to have a great time together and I will love seeing everyone who has been praying me through my journey!
Love you all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know that the relay for life will be a great experience. I am doing two relays in May here in Andrews and seminole. I will be thinking about yours and cannot wait to hear how it was.
Praying for your continued clear health.
Love Jane