Wednesday, September 9, 2009

A Good Report!

Yes, I went to Dr. Redrow yesterday for my 3-month check-up and he said that my scans didn't show anything new! That is so awesome. God has gotten me through this last year and blessed me with healthy days ahead.
I was a little apprehensive about going to see the doctor. You never know if that ct scan is going to show something that shouldn't be there. I know from personal experience that there can be those horrible cancer cells growing in your body and you never know it! I told him that I was a little concerned that something might be growing and the wait is kinda hard from the time you get the scan until you see the doctor. He said that is not an unusual feeling to have.
I go back for another 3 month scan and check-up in December.
We had a wonderful weekend getaway to Hico for Labor Day weekend. We took our trailer and the Geary's took theirs. The Foxes stayed in the house. We got up there on Friday and Donald cooked us delicious ribs and Shara fixed the veggies. Wonderful!
We all were blessed by our children and grandchildren coming up and spending all day Saturday with us! Kevin and Holly and their 4 precious ones; Aaron and Starla and their 2 precious boys;Brandon and Michelle brought Randy, Jessica and cute little Macy; Josh and Mandy(and Teddy);Craig and Shana. And I of course can't leave out that Tuffi was with us all weekend also! I was bummed out though that Brad, Amy, Gracie and Lily were not able to come because Brad had to work! That would have made it perfect!
Some were fishing in the tank off and on all day and others were playing washers and others were exploring and some( the women) were mostly sitting on the porch and enjoying the beautiful weather and visiting with each other. It can't get much better that that!!!
Well, we are on the 2 month countdown now until our newest family member arrives! I am getting excited to get to cuddle and kiss a new grandchild! Everything so far is going great with the pregnancy and due date is still Nov. 14th. They are still working on a name for him.
Keep my friend, Charlotte, in your prayers as she has started her chemo for breast cancer! Thanks and I love you all,
Joyce

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to hear that your check-up was good and cancer free.
I am glad you are able to enjoy life again and have time with the family. I cannot wait to see the boys this week-end it has been so long.
I too cannot wait for the newest member to get here. What a blessing children are in our life.
LOve Jane

Unknown said...

whoo hoo thank God for good medical reports. Thank God for good friends, someone who has both, what a blessing.
I love you
dc