Thursday, January 7, 2010

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Wow, the last 4 months have flown by!
I have been feeling good and enjoying life. God has truly blessed me in so many ways. I pray that every day I look around to see blessings and not anxieties.
I went to my 3 month check-up with Dr. Redrow and he said that I am doing great. He didn't order a scan before I went in for my appt. so I told him that he was making me a little anxious! I told him that the fear of the unknown going on in my body was a little scary to me. He said that was completely normal considering all that I have gone through in the last 2 or 3 years. He sent me in for a Ct scan of the chest and the reports came in this week. All is clear and nothing abnormal! Yea, Yea! If only now I could figure out how to not be anxious! Isn't there a scripture about that?
Talk about blessings! Starla had a sweet baby boy on Nov. 7. He weighed 7 lb. 8 oz. and is just perfect. His name is Toby Miles Norton. Amy and I like to say that we delivered him since Dr. Howell didn't make it to her room in time - but actually we helped Tonya the nurse in every way possible! Tonya had a cast on her left arm where she had broken her wrist the week before. She told Starla to keep from pushing when she felt she needed to so Dr. Howell could be there for delivery, but Toby could not wait! Starla did and EXCELLENT job of natural childbirth and Amy, Aaron and I were intent on making everything easier for Tonya to do her job.
Christmas was great this year. We always do our gift-opening on Christmas Eve. The kids got there around 2:00 - right when the snow was starting to come down pretty heavy. It was sooo beautiful. The kids got to go out and play in the snow and get all wet and cold. What fun!
Thank you again all of you who have kept up with me and my journey and encouraged me on. I'll never forget it.

2 comments:

Randi Ann said...

Glad to see that you finally posted!

Yaya said...

Me too! I've been wondering and congrats on Toby! Grandkids are the best! So thankful for your good health! Love ya, Shirley