Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Another week off

Starla took me to chemo this week and once again my WBC was too low. My count had come up a little however from a .4 to a .7! I guess this means that my bone marrow is working hard to get me ready for next Monday - the big one again! I am not upset at all about not getting the Navelbine because I do get it every time I get the mean Cisplatin! I'm just getting it half as often as the standard treatment calls for. As I have told some of you, I am just so grateful that I am not depending on the chemo to shrink a cancerous tumor before the surgeon can even go in and remove it. So many cancer patients have to do the chemo before they can have the tumor(s)removed! I still believe that I am cancer-free and this chemo treatment plan is for preventive measures.
I am halfway through the planned treatment of 4 cycles of 4 weeks each. I'm not sure how the holiday season is going to go. I know, I know - all of you that know my habits will swear that this is just this year's attempt to get out of doing any of the cooking! Don't you think that is a little drastic on my account? But when I think about it , I couldn't have very well used as my excuse the neck surgery could I? After all it has been 6 months since then!
I look out at my flower garden and don't see much color left! Ronnie has cut down about half of the cannas and all the other plants that it has gotten too cold for. The mums are now in full bloom - thank goodness for seasonal colors. Ginger called the other day and asked what we were doing. My best answer was that we were sitting on the back porch watching the green leaves turn rust! What a life!
Once again, I ask for your continued prayers and know that I love each of you lots.
Joyce

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I think you have an excuse for whatever you want to use it for! Glad you are feeling okay, and good luck next week!! Hopefully the medicine will help all week instead of just half the week.

Love,
Michelle

Anonymous said...

It was good to talk to you and I hope you got your treatment yesterday.
Keep the faith, God is in control and he knows more than the doctors on how often you need the treatments given. I trust him to make the decsion threw your bodies response. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
Love Jane