Thursday, November 20, 2008

JUST GETTING BY

Hi Everyone!
Well, I did get to have my 2 drug chemo treatment this week! Not that I'm all that excited at this moment, though. Today is Thursday and I received it on Monday and have been my regular-old nauseated self since then. I started taking the new Emend Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday along with the previous Kytril, along with a new steroid the the Dr. thought might help with the nausea and possibly keep my blood count from going so low! I can still take the phenargan along with all these (and I have!) Iguess I have to face the fact that the chemo is mean and I have to just make it the best I can through the rough days.
Amy was able to get off work Monday and take me for my routine chemo. Starla met us there to see what the dr. said this week. I actually didn't see Dr. Redrow, I saw his P.A. and she was very good and informative.
Even if it probably sounds like I am whining (which I am!) my outlook is still positive and I am getting closer to the end of my chemo. The P.A. did say that it has on my chart that I will be receiving radiation after my chemo cycles are over in January. I will have to have 6 weeks of 5 days a week. I guess we'll see if he does more scanning before he starts that! No matter what, I still am trusting that God is watching over me and my family! I do believe Jeremiah 29:11-13 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord," plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart". I believe God is giving me this time to seek Him and pay attention to where He is leading me.
I still want to thank all of you who have stood by my side and offered up your daily prayers for me - I do still feel every one of them.
Love you all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yippee one step closer to the best quality of life. Wow! how great life is. We will never take a day for grant again. Praise the Lord.
You hang in there it is well worth it. James 1:2-4.
Praying for strength and courage to face the nausea and weakness.
Love Jane

thefwfoxes said...

I read your blog every week and always check with Shara to see how you are doing. Please know we are praying for you daily. In fact, you are a regular in my prayers with Audrey when she goes to bed. We are praying for complete healing. Thank you for being a wonderful example to us through this. Love you.