Thursday, November 27, 2008

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Yes, it is Thursday and I am feeling a lot better than I did last Thursday! Hooray! I went to the oncology center on Monday with the idea that I wasn't up to getting this weeks treatments regardless of how my blood counts were. I had such a strange, terrible week last week, I guess I had become paranoid. I have decided the steroids are a definite no-no. They did tricks with my brain. Then, I have decided the Kytril also does weird things to me mentally. So, no more of those 2. Dr. Redrow actually let me make the final decision on whether to go ahead or not. I agreed that if he would put me on something else that might not affect my brain so bad I would do it. I know how important it is to stay on protocol if at all possible for the best outcome. This time he ordered the pill form of marijuana to take every 6 hrs. as needed for nausea in combination with compezine. He also ordered me some Ativan to handle anxiety associated with all the chemo. I have taken a couple of the marinol and I do feel a little like I'm on a high!(The nausea maybe changed to hunger also)I also have all my best friends willing to be over here in a split second to make sure my medication is put to good use! Sorry, I'm a very selfish, self-centered person!
We are planning to go to Starla's house around 6:00 this afternoon to eat fried hens, dressing, green bean casserole, orange jello stuff, fruit salad, potatoes and pies. I am hoping I am feeling non-nauseous and will enjoy every bite! Ronnie, Aaron and Starla have been working hard all week to get the inside of her house painted. I can't wait to see the finished product. It's kind of a green/brown/gold color. Pretty!
Well, I guess the next test for me will be my blood test next Monday to see if I finally get the 1 Navelbine treatment.(That's the one that I haven't been able to receive yet because of low WBC..
Speaking of tests - Michelle (who is super-smart!) takes her last test of the 4 necessary to become a CPA. So far, she has passed 2 and waiting on the grade from #3 and takes #4 on Friday in Abilene.
Brandon had knee surgery last week and is still having some discomfort and will get the stitches out next week. He is also going to have the other knee fixed in December. He's not used to being limited in what he can do!
I have had lots of time lately to stop and think of all the things that I have to be thankful for . There are so many, I couldn't even begin to list them all. Mostly, though, God has blessed me with the most marvelous husband ever! What would I have done without him during the last few months? God has also blessed me with a loving family that treats me very queenly. My friends also are my blessings. They are all waiting for me to let them know of something(anything) that I need done and they will gladly carry out the task. Of this I'm sure! I love you all - hope you realize that each of you are a blessing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so thankful things are better this week. I know this treatment wears on your body and mind, but this too shall pass. I'm thankful you have managed to keep a positive outlook and search for the blessings. Stay strong!
Love,
Shara

Anonymous said...

Joyce yes the steriods did a number on my mind too. I thought maybe it was just me. I had to take something to off set it. It is a scary out of control feelings.
I hope the medications help. You hang in there and I am praying for things to get better real soon.
You are not alone God is taking every step with you. You will come out refined and stronger for the experience.
Love Jane

Michelle said...

I had a great Thanksgiving and was most thankful that you could be there and were feeling good! It is so much fun when everyone can be together at the same time.

By the way, thanks for the shout out! Hopefully those scores will come in ASAP!!