Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Still Being Thankful

I am still so happy that I was able to spend the evening on Thanksgiving with my family and enjoy our wonderful meal together! Everything tasted so good. I know that God had his hand in my non-nausea day! I got to spend the evening with my sweet grandbabies, too. I think they all took a turn sitting in my lap so I could give them hugs and kisses. It felt good.
I went to get my chemo yesterday, and just as it has been in the past - my blood count was too low. This time the neutrofil was 600. The nurse told me if it had been over 1000 that they would probably let me have my treatment. We'll see if it goes up any by next Monday.
Chelsa was my chauffeur this week. She was supposed to go last week but I was feeling so lousy and Ronnie needed to be there instead. Anyhow, I loved being with her. I don't get to see her anymore.(Of course, when I think about it, I don't get to see hardly anybody very often!) We talked from the time I got into her car until the time she dropped me off at home! Surprise, surprise! We talked about how we don't get to see each other now after lots and lots of years of seeing each other 3 times a week.(except the 4 years or so she was off at college.) It makes me try to be more aware to not take people and the time we have together for granted. But you know, Chelsa and I do talk on the phone at least once every week, so it makes up a little for not seeing her face to face! Anyhow, thanks Chelsa for driving me and loving me! Hope you know I love you too.
Ronnie has started redoing the shower in our master bath. It was getting old and crumbly. You know how one thing leads to another! He's completely retiling the shower and the floor in the bath, putting new countertop in and new fixtures, painting the walls and cabinets. It will look so good! Of course, then, he is going to start on the hall bath which is going to require lots more labor. We'll just take one room at a time! But all who know and love Ronnie are sure of one thing - it will be done right - may take longer than originally thought - but it will be done right! Know what I mean?
Love you all and miss seeing you. I'm counting down now - 5 weeks left of the original treatment schedule!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you got to see your family and especially those grandbabies. The best medication in the world.
You are on the last leg of the treatment and you can do it. Stay positive and it will be over soon. You can run around and see everyone. All in God's time!!
Love Jane