Tuesday, December 9, 2008

A little bit of Navelbine

Hi Everyone!
This week was Gwen's week to be my driver. We went to the oncology center prepared for them to take my blood and call me back and tell me "sorry, your white count is still too low". So, I was surprised when the nurse actually took me back to the infusion area. I asked her if I passed the test this time. She said no - that my count was still the same as last week.(600). But Dr. Redrow looked at my chart and for some reason decided that I at least needed to get a little of the Navelbine in me! He cut the dosage in half and they told me to be especially careful of where I went and who I got around this week. She said the Navelbine could make my count go lower before next Monday. I actually have an appointment with Dr. Redrow then. He may have to put me on Neuprigin shots to boost my W.B.C. We'll see. One of the nurses also told me to start trying to take my Marinol on a regular basis. That way my body can get more used to it and it will make me have an appetite and keep me from having a queasy stomach every time I eat something. Who knew that I would ever have trouble with eating!
Well, it's getting closer and closer to Christmas. I am not going to be able to go anywhere to shop , so the buying that I have done so far is either online(which is still scary to me) or the girl's have shopped for me. I have one dilemma,though. I always buy everyone a new ornament for my tree every year. That means 12 new and different ornaments. I decided to be creative and make some since I was home anyway. I got Amy,Starla,Michelle and I one figured out and made yesterday. I'm having trouble thinking of something for everyone else. I guess I have lots of time available to think , don't I?
Brandon is scheduled the have his left knee operation done on this Thursday. It should go as smooth as the other one did , so he'll be recuperating the rest of this year.
I'm still asking for each of you to remember me in your daily prayers and please include my cousin, Calva, as you pray. Yesterday(Monday) she had a brain biopsy done on some sort of mass they found in her brain. They should have the results sometime in the next 2 days. It could just be some sort of calcification, but it is something that is causing the spinal fluid not to drain properly, and causing some swelling in her brain. She remains in good spirits. They will decide on action needed after the biopsy results come in.
Happy shopping to you all! Love ya

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you could get some of the treatment.
All your kids want for christmas is for you to take care of yourself and get well soon.
You can double up on orniments next year. There is also the computer to shop online.
Keep the faith!!
Love JAne