Friday, December 26, 2008

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas everyone!
I am happy to report that I had a good day on Christmas Eve. That's when we got together at Starla's house for our present exchange. We each brought finger foods so we had a good variety of snacks. Starla and Aaron drove in from Andrews that day so we waited till about 5:30 to get together. I was so surprised when Michelle and Brandon gave me a camera! I haven't had one in several years. It is so cute and small. I hope I will remember to take it with me wherever I go so maybe I will remember to take pictures. My pictures around the house definitely need to be updated!
Ronnie is almost through renovating our master bath. It looks sooooo good. What a difference changing tile will do. We used 18 X18 pieces of travertine instead of the standard 4 X 4 white squares! We are still waiting on the shower door to be made , but we are just using a shower curtain in the meantime. I think the next step of our project will be putting wood floors down in the bedrooms. Ronnie wants a break from bathroom project for a while! I can't wait though to get the hall bath done because it is the ugliest bath ever! But I will be patient.
I had my chemo on Monday as scheduled. Shara took me and got to experience the long day, although , it didn't take as long as usual. He has reduced the dosage of the cisplatin to 60 per cent strength. So I guess maybe it didn't take as long because of that. The nausea didn't really hit me till Thursday, so I slept probably 18 hours out of the 24 hour day! Thank goodness for medications! Today is Friday so I will hopefully be getting over some of the nausea by this evening. This was my last week to get the cisplatin and navelbine together. The next 2 Mondays, I will only get the navelbine if my blood count is high enough. Then I should be through with chemo! I thought I would never get to this point!
Keep praying for me as the next weeks pass. I am supposed to see a radiation dr. sometime in January or February. Also, keep my cousin, Calva, in your prayers still. She should see the radiation dr. this next week to see what her treatment will be for her tumor in her brain.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

We had so much fun for Christmas and are so glad that you were feeling well! We are glad that you love the camera!! Congratualtions on being almost finished with chemo! You are so strong and most certainly an inspiration!

Love,
Michelle

Unknown said...

Whoo Hoo the end is in sight. What a trooper you have been. I love you
dc

Brad and Amy said...

You need to use your new camera to take before and after pictures of the projects and share on your blog. That way everyone can experience the "ugliest bathroom in the world".