Wednesday, December 31, 2008

HAPPY NEW YEAR

On one hand, I can't believe that 2009 is almost here - but on the other hand I never thought that the last 16 weeks would ever end! I only have one more scheduled chemo treatment. That will happen next Monday if my white count remains high enough. This Monday, it was 1900 or 1.9. That's way more than it has been on the week after my cisplatin. I do know that he reduced my dosage down to 60% it's original strength. I guess that's what kept my count from dropping so low this week. Anyhow, Monday ,Amy took me because she was off of work. I only got the 1 dose of Navelbine so we weren't there but a couple of hours.I did find that the nausea was still with me . I came home and took my regular nausea medicine on schedule and took a nice long nap!
I forgot to tell you last week about having a day of pampering. (Of course, Ronnie has actually pampered me for the last several months!) This day was Ginger's. She went and bought me a copy of Mamma Mia! and brought it over Saturday. We had total girl day. We put in the movie on the big screen T.V. and she brought out her manicure equipment! I had a total pedicure with everything from foot soaking to red nail polish! I actually have only had one official pedicure that I can remember because my toenails are so ugly! But this foot pampering sure did feel good! Of course, she did manicure also. You know how you look down on your hand and you wonder when your mother's hand appeared on the end of your arm? Well, that's the feeling I had. Mother's nails had developed ridges over the years and I have noticed that mine have done the same. The difference though is that Mother always had strong, long, pretty nails and mine have always been short and thin. Maybe they are changing to be more like hers! I can work on the ridges if only I had nails strong enough to take some abuse. Of course, right now, I don't have the strength to do much hard work so my nails are growing better. I have started taking prenatal vitamins to get the added iron , so I'm thinking this may help my nails to be stronger also! But I know before long my strength will return and I can get out and work in my flower beds. They are looking kinda sad.
Thanks for pampering me Ginger!Love ya lots!
My cousin, Calva, is still waiting on all the MRIs to be done so she can start her radiation. She is supposed to have 6 weeks of radiation - 5 days a week. (That is the same schedule I am going to have if radiation is necessary for me.) After the rounds of that she will have gamma knife treatment done on what's left of the tumor. Keep praying for both of us, please.
Love you all and HAPPY NEW YEAR AND MAY GOD RICHLY BLESS EVERY ONE OF YOU!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year! I pray the year 2009 will bring good health and wealth of wisdom. I am so happy that the treatments are almost over. You will be surprised how fast your body gets back to normal and off you go back to the joys of life.
Life will be very special and precious, it is a gift we so often take for granite. I know those flower beds will be glad to have you back. Thank you for letting me share in your journey. Love Jane

Michelle said...

I am so glad you had your last treatment today! You have been such a trooper and are finally finished! I hope you know how strong you are and what an inspiration you are to everyone. Hopefully if you have to have radiation it won't be too bad since you just ate some black-eyed peas!!! :) Love ya lots!!