Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Another failing week

Okay, I have to correct something!
I spoke too soon last week about the whole nausea thing! Yes, the Emend did work the best and I will go with it again. The problem is that they only gave me a 3 dose pack which worked Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday until about 6:00 P.M. Then the nausea came back around and stayed with me the rest of the week! ugh! I didn't get to make it to Gracie's big debut, but Amy videoed it on her phone. Bummer! And yes, I am getting the medication problem fine-tuned for the next 2 weeks of the 2 drug regimen.
Donna took me yesterday for my 1 drug week and once again I was a failure! The neutrofil number was even lower this week than it was a month ago(the first time I failed the test) They again told me to go home and stay away from sickies and practice good hand-washing. ( do I look like maybe I don't wash my hands?) Anyhow, I still look at it as a blessing. Woo-hoo, no chemicals pushed into my veins!
Donna was an excellent chauffeur for me. Yes, I did let her take me the downtown route. It is her favorite route to anywhere! And yes, she did find her way there without any help from me. In all things give thanks! Sorry, Donna, you know that I have to give you a hard time - how else will you know for sure that I'm feeling better? But on a more sentimental note, last week I talked about Kerri and I spending so much time together. Well, I probably spent the next biggest amount of time with Donna , so we needed some together time also. Thanks, Donna!
After one more week, I will be halfway through my scheduled treatment regimen. And no, it doesn't seem like it has flown by!
I haven't written about some good news that I got last week! I had applied for Social Security Disability a couple of months ago and have been waiting to hear a denial from them. Well, last week I got a letter stating that I have been approved!!! My first check won't arrive till next March, ( you evidently have to be disabled for 6 months continously before the payments start) but I am so happy! I had been told not to be discouraged if I got a denial because they usually deny first. I was just going to appeal their decision. But I didn't have to figure out how to appeal! Isn't that exciting?
I still love hearing from you all. When I am in quarintine, I don't get to get out and about too much but I am glad the weather is so beautiful. Keep praying!
Love you all

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Well I hope that you have a wonderful week! Obviously you do not need the one drug weeks anyway. Thinking about you always and love you bunches!!

Unknown said...

You know I enjoyed our time together too. It was good to get to visit. Thank you too for letting me go the downtown route, and for not mentioning the "meandering" I did when we were coming home!
I love you bunches.
dc

Anonymous said...

Joyce you and Ronnie are so special to me because of you love for our grandkids. I keep you both in my prayers everyday! Love jay

Randi Ann said...

Don't get discouraged. Before too long this nausea thing will pass and you will be back to yourself again! I continue to pray for your strength and happiness everyday. Stay strong and keep smiling! :0)

Anonymous said...

Joyce I am sorry about the blood count being low. It is very discouraging. I am glad that the nausea med. worked while you were on it.
It is hard to be home bound and not see the grandkids.I am glad we have the phone to talk to them.
It is your time to be close to God and pamper yourself. We do not get that chance often in life.
Love Jane