Thursday, September 4, 2008

Short Brown Hair!

Well, I look at myself differently now - literally. Now, before I get started with my rambling, I have to tell all my friends that have beautiful brown hair that I am not saying anything negative about their hair color! There are certain of my friends that are laughing now and saying "I seem to recall you saying something negative about brown eyes, too!" I love brown hair and brown eyes, but when I look at the mirror, I'm not used to seeing that on me!
When I went to the oncologist last week, he said that my hair wouldn't necessarily all fall out but that it would probably thin out and get brittle. I asked him if it would be a good idea to go ahead and cut it short. He said it wouldn't be a bad idea. So, last Friday I went to the hairdresser with about 6 pictures of short hair and let her decide which look would work best for me. She cut it all to about 2 inches long on the top and kinda short layered in the back. I'm guessing that she cut off about 6 inches.
I looked at myself in her mirror after she had dried it and fixed it and just stared. She was afraid that I was upset that it was so short. It wasn't the short that caught my gaze - it was the brown! Now, for years (as so many of my friends and comrades have done) I haven't known exactly what my natural hair color was. Sound familiar? I have had blond hair for 54 years(I didn't have any hair until I was 1!) , either naturally or by artificial means. I hadn't had my highlights touched up for about 5 months, so I did have roots growing out. When I looked in the mirror, I saw quickly that I had at least 2 inches of roots! The haircut is real cute and real different than I have had in some time, but I now have to put "brown" on any questionnaire that asks my hair color! I'm getting used to it and boy is it easy to fix!
Enough about my hair! I went to the dentist last week and found that I need 2 crowns done before I start on my chemo. I go today for the first visit. One thing seems to lead to another, doesn't it? Next Monday, the 8th, I go for outpatient surgery to Harris Hosp. to have my port put in for my chemo. I'm so glad they are doing that! I dread getting I.V's. It will be a long day, but I will come home when I wake up good. Poor Ronnie! He is such a trooper, but as you all know, he doesn't do waiting at hospital very good! Again I say that God has blessed me, especially with such a wonderful husband. And by the way, we celebrated our 37th anniversary last week. I felt good enough to go out to eat at Lucilles!
Keep up your prayers for me and my family. I feel every one of them!
Love you all.

3 comments:

The Smiths said...

Your story is inspiring. Your heart, your strength and your faith increase my faith! Thank you! We are praying for you and your family.

Jessica

Unknown said...

Hey I would love to cut my hair and find out that my real hair color was brown! In my prayers daily,much love.

Affordable Designs said...

Good things come in brown packages!
Remember it is God given!
Love you!