Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Another week off!

Well, Shara took me for my chemo yesterday and once again I failed the blood test! ( you know how I hate to do anything but 100 on a test!)My neutrophil number was the same as last week(700) but my total WBC count had come up. The nurse told me that sometimes that happens. There is a medication they can give me to help my WBC but they like for my bone marrow to bring it up on it's own. I am already scheduled to see Dr. Redrow next Monday so we'll see what he wants to do about it. Meanwhile, I still have to stay away from anyone who is sick or might have been around the sick.
We are going camping tomorrow (Wed.) and coming home on Sunday. The weather is supposed to be nice for the weekend so I'm looking forward to getting out of the house! The Geary's and the Foxes are going too. I'll be taking my beading bag with me so maybe I'll get creative. It will all be according to if my brain is working or not. All of you know that lately it's hit and miss!
I miss seeing my babies but maybe they'll remember who I am when my blood decides to cooperate. Gracie is waiting for me to be better so we can bedazzle her new jeans. Now, that will be fun.
No other new news for this week. I miss seeing you all and appreciate the visits I did have last week. Love you all!

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Hi Joyce,
I am glad that you are going to get out of the house and go camping - I know you will have a blast and it will be good for you! Sorry I don't get to talk to you and see you as often as possible, but I think about you all the time and love you so much!!

Aaron and Starla said...

Tell Gwen I am jealous, she gets to see you way more than we do!! Have a great time camping.
Starla

Anonymous said...

Joyce I am sorry you did not get your treatment. I know what a let down that is. It is so hard having to stay away from people.
I hope the camping trip goes well. It will be good to get out of the house.
Praying for you and hope the blood count is up soon. Jane

homecooks said...

It seems like forever since I've seen you. I know it must be frustrating to miss treatments. I think about you all the time. We lift you up in prayer daily.

Love you, Keely

Miss you at the office!

Unknown said...

Hey Joyce,
I am so glad you had great weather camping. You know I am jealous. By the way I think your brain is always working!
Much love
dc