Thursday, October 2, 2008

Nausea - Not Fun

Okay, I have 2 weeks down now - 14 to go.
I have found out that the drug Cisplatin is mean and is notorious for causing nausea! I hate to throw up! It doesn't hit me until about 36 hours after the treatment - I guess it takes that long for my body to go WHAT'S GOING ON! Anyhow, there are all kinds of nausea meds. out there but so far we haven't found the one that works best for me. It's trial and error. The phenargan works pretty good but I'm sooooo sleepy! The nurse told me yesterday that she would order me some Kytril for my next round of Cisplatin. Thank goodness it is the one I only get twice a month! The next 2 weeks will hopefully not be so bad because I only get the Navelbine (which should only take about 20 minutes to infuse.
Ginger took me for my treatment on Monday. We had enough time to figure out how to work Starla's laptop and watch a whole movie! I sure does help make the time go by quicker! It all went very smooth - I'm so glad someone is going with me every time - blessed with wonderful family and friends!
I'm still waiting for major hair loss. So far, so good. I think if it is going to happen it will be in the next few days. I'll keep you posted. I have blinged up some caps just in case! Oh, to have something to occupy my mind and my time! There's nothing like sparkles! I know there are some of you out there that think that plain is better - it makes me sad for you!
Keep up your prayers - I still feel their power! God is good and knows what I need and He is providing! Love you all!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Been thinking about you everyday - I love you so much! Stay strong - you are an inspiration! I am glad the next two weeks will be easier.

Anonymous said...

I know who you are talking about. Do not be sad for me. I think it might not be so bad if you would choose nice colors! I love you bunches and cherish your friendship.

Anonymous said...

Joyce You go girl bling away!! I hope they can control that nausea soon. You are doing so well and I know you will pass with flying colors. Praying for and thinking about you constantly. Love JAne