Friday, October 24, 2008

Good to go again

Yea, I finally passed a blood test! Starla took me Monday to the Dr. and my blood work was finally back up to normal. I told her that I wasn't so sure that I should be excited about it being back up because that meant the horrible chemicals in my system again. Well, I was right to feel that way. Today is Friday and I am just now beginning to feel human again. I tried the new nausea medicine this week and I'm not sure it was for me. I had a headache and still had to supplement it with the old standby, Phenargan. So, needless to say I pretty much slept this week away! Next week , I'm supposed to get the double treatment again so please pray that I tolerate it better than I did this week.
I keep myself as positive as I can by reminding myself that it is only temporary. I only have 5 more treatments of the double meds. In the long run, if I sleep away a few days, it won't matter so much. I do miss seeing my sweet grandbabies, though. I'm sure that they know that I love them and will see them as soon as I feel better.
Keep up the prayers on my behalf. I still believe that they are powerful and effective and that God knows me personally and is with me every step of the journey!
God bless you all!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

I am so sorry your week was so bad. I hope it is better next week. Let us know if there is ever anything we can do to make it better. I am sure sleep is what works the best though. I am so glad that after next week you will only have four more double treatments! That is great, and what an awesome Chrismtas present that will be - no more double treatments!! You are hanging in there like a trooper and are such an inspiration! Love you!!

Anonymous said...

Joyce I am glad you got to get your treatment. I am so sorry about the nausea. I do remember how you feel sleeping the 3 days of your life away. It is worth it to have years left of your life to enjoy and live to the fullest. You will never again take one day of your life for granite. That is a plus to all of this. The simplest task gives you pleasure. You find what really is important in this life and savor it.
Praying for strength, courage, and peace of God. Love Jane

Anonymous said...

I think about you everyday and pray for courage and strength. If tears will make it all okay, we are well on our way. I know you can do it because I have watched you be strong so much of our lives. If God would only give me one friend to exist with, it would be you. You are spiritually strong and yet resilient enough to let God lead and you follow. Your spirit and outlook make it hard to stay down. I know how hard this is for you but know that the love I have for you will bind with the love of others and we will pray you through this.

I am sorry that the nausea is so bad and I hope you will look to each week being another week out of the way. Know that you are on the hearts of me and my family.

Bim